The Dickson Poon School of Law at King’s College London is one of the oldest law schools in England and recognized globally as one of the best law schools in the world. The School has a long-standing reputation for excellence in the laws of England and Wales, European, International and Transnational Law. Our research interests cover all areas of public and private law. These include the philosophy and sociology of law as well as doctrinal, empirical, historical, interdisciplinary and comparative approaches to the study of law. We run a varied events program with approximately 300 public events each year ranging from public lectures and workshops to networking events, and multi-day conferences.
We are now seeking to employ a Senior Events Officer to provide excellent end-to-end support for our external events portfolio. This role is suitable for someone with excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and work under pressure. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders, being able to adapt is equally important.
We run in-person, online and hybrid events and the post holder will need to be comfortable with managing the process from end-to-end, including catering, AV provision and event promotion.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
Working under the Events Manager you will be responsible for:
- Responding in a timely manner to events and engagement inquiries, from both internal and external contacts
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, at the beginning of the process, to understand their priorities and requirements, record this information and share with the relevant teams
- Day-to-day operations including scheduling, room bookings, risk assessments, additional logistics (eg travel, catering), liaising with speakers and chairs, and room setup
- Post-event activities including surveys, taking feedback from organizers to improve our approach to events, data analysis and reporting.
- Processing of event costs including raising POs, invoicing, payments etc.
- Keeping track of events bookings and managing clashes
- Promoting activities using a variety of communication channels including web, social media
- Maintaining and developing distribution and contact lists in line with GDPR regulations
- Monitoring effectiveness of events, planning and suggesting improvements
- Exploring innovative ways of engaging with a diverse audience using different methods
- Building good stakeholder relationships and networks internally and externally including with King’s Venues, King’s Food, King’s AV team
- To function as Fire Marshall and First Aider (training will be provided)
- To be willing to work outside of normal working hours including evening and weekends if necessary
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.