Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £25,506 to £27,399, with potential progression once in post to £31,718
As a senior administrator within a team/department you will provide support for a broad range of administrative duties, some of which may be complex. You may also be responsible for managing other staff or for supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge. You will be able to use your wide range of skills, both technical and administrative, and have the opportunity to lead on specific tasks within a team. In order to flexibly use resources you may be given the opportunity to work in different areas of the department or wider University.
- You will be able to deal with complex systems and procedures and will be expected to offer advice on these, including deciding on the response to more complex queries.
- You will be expected to exercise your judgment on the answer to queries or on the direction of work within parameters set by your manager. On a day to day basis you will be expected to resolve more complex queries without necessarily referring to your manager.
- If you have a supervisory role, you will line manage your staff taking responsibility for co-ordinating and prioritizing the work of others. If not in a supervisory role you will still be expected to act as a role model and coach members of the team.
- Maintain high profile working relationships with key stakeholders on your own initiative, fielding inquiries and ensuring that appropriate information is disseminated to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Educated to A Level standard, or equivalent level 3 qualification such as a Level 3 NVQ, or level 3 national diploma or relevant work experience evidencing the skills and ability to undertake the role.
- Minimum of grade C in Mathematics and English at GCSE or equivalent.
- Professional experience in a similar role, should be willing to study for membership of the chartered institute of procurement and supply to Level 4.
- Highly proficient IT skills, in particular the ability to handle complex electronic diaries and emails, the wider MS Office suite of programs including Excel and PowerPoint, and some experience of using an enterprise resource planning package. The post holder should also be confident and able to quickly learn new IT skills and software packages as required.
- Proven ability to plan ahead and anticipate requirements, proactively planning own (and sometimes others’ workloads) to manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines.
Informal inquiries to Jonathan Jones, email: J.Jones.firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the full job description and details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below or visit https://edzz.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_6001/requisitions. Please quote the Job Ref 97727 in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.