About Springfield College
Springfield College is an independent, nonprofit, coeducational institution founded in 1885. Approximately 3,500 students, including 2,400 full-time undergraduate students, 1,100 full-time graduate students, traditional and non-traditional, study at its main campus in Springfield, Mass., at its regional campuses, and fully online. The College recorded its two largest first-year student enrollments in its history in fall 2017 and fall 2020. Fall 2021 graduate programs on the main campus witnessed new student enrollment increases with more projected for future academic terms. With its foundation of academic excellence and rich athletics heritage, Springfield College prepares students with real-world leadership skills for careers that transform lives and communities.
Since 1885, Springfield College has maintained a strong focus on its Humanics philosophy: educating students-in spirit, mind, and body-for leadership in service to others. The College remains committed to Humanics, while evolving to remain relevant in preparing students for the future. Springfield College helps students grow holistically, enter fields that help others, and serve as leaders in their communities, organizations, and companies, at home, and around the world. The College is an outstanding destination for those seeking a well-rounded education, strong academics, experiential learning opportunities, and active and fulfilling co-curricular involvement.
About the Position
The Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing (VPEMM) will support the mission of Springfield College and further strengthen its competitive position through enrollment growth domestically and internationally. The individual will have oversight for the marketing, recruitment, admission, and financial aid functions related to undergraduate and graduate programs in all enrollment areas of the College.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, institution-wide, strategic, systematic, and data-driven approach designed to identify, recruit, and retain students who are an institutional best fit for Springfield College for undergraduate and graduate programs on the main campus as well as online. and at our regional locations.
- Enhances and supports the overall new student recruitment, financial aid models, and student retention efforts through planning, implementation and evaluation of all programs and initiatives, which seek to enroll and retain an academically talented and diverse student body.
- Directs external institutional marketing and brand enhancement through an Assistant VP of Marketing and a marketing team to maximize and build the College’s brand through digital, print, website, social media, and various other promotional initiatives to attract prospective students, their families and other outside audiences. .
- Monitors and evaluates on a regular basis the effectiveness of all admissions policies, practices, materials, procedures, and personnel, including the development of evaluation criteria and admissions review committees in collaboration with faculty.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with recruitment team members in each enrollment area to measure progress toward enrollment goals and evaluate the key metrics of prospective student leads and inquiries; appointments; applications; accepts, and newly enrolled student numbers.
- Leads the development, implementation, and management of all recruitment plans and related budgets that address the needs of the various enrollment areas including marketing.
- Works and collaborates closely with academic departments and faculty, athletics and coaches, and all other pertinent offices or departments campus-wide, to develop and implement recruitment and marketing strategies to maximize enrollment efforts.
- Represents Springfield College at external community events as necessary or as assigned.
Master’s degree in Education, Enrollment Management, Marketing or a related field.
- At least nine years of experience as a marketing and communications professional, with significant leadership experience envisioning, developing, and implementing a successful and comprehensive integrated marketing program across an enterprise with multiple constituencies and a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The VPEMM must be a strategic thinker with effective management and team building skills. This person brings knowledge of current enrollment trends, best practices, and marketplace realities. The VPEMM must deliver innovative and valuable strategies relative to reaching prospective students and related audiences, and will lead the College’s efforts to demonstrate its value proposition to those audiences.
- A keen understanding of financial aid and its relationship to enrollment is necessary. Directing the institution’s enrollment research agenda and sharing information across the institution to facilitate data-based decision-making is critical to the role, as is maximizing resources to drive short-term and long-term enrollment and budgetary goals and priorities. The ability to work collaboratively across divisions and schools to develop and implement an effective and integrated Strategic Enrollment Management Plan in accordance with the College’s mission and strategic planning initiatives, including its commitment to diversity, is key to the role.
- The VPEMM must have substantial experience developing and leading marketing strategies across multiple communication channels, including print, video and social media. They must understand the necessary resources required to effectively oversee a campaign that increases the visibility of Springfield College to external audiences including prospective students and their families, while maintaining a consistent institutional identity.
- Complex problem-solving abilities are required with the context of varied situations regarding prospective students and their families, marketing resources, internal stakeholders and constituents including Trustees/donors/alumni/community partners, colleagues, and various staff and faculty from every facet of the institution. .
- Development of a complex strategic enrollment plan that creates an overall institutional goal with specific objectives, action-items, and outcomes or metrics to measure success.
This position has been designed as forward facing and as such, the incumbent will be required to be immunized against COVID-19 on or before their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination status, or an attestation to the same effect, will be required. Individuals may seek ADA accommodations or a religious exemption, upon request with HR, but must do so prior to their arrival.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equity in education and employment. To that end, the College welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and lived experiences, who will contribute to a culture of inclusion and respect. For more information about Springfield College’s position on diversity and inclusion, please visit our Office of Inclusion and Community Engagement.
Position Type: Full Time Regular
Appointment Months Per Year: 12 months
Posted Date: Sep 30, 2022