Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range £32,348 to £42,155, with potential progression once in post to £44,737
You will join a professional services team which is passionate about providing excellent support for students and staff and play a vital role in supporting the management and development of the educational provision across the College working with staff at all levels of the organization.
This role will lead on defined education projects and make a major contribution to strategic discussions being responsible for the management and optimization of administration for all learning, teaching and quality administrative processes.
They will work with senior academic colleagues and Education Support Office staff across the College, and make a major contribution to strategic discussions, developing policy and procedure and ensuring consistency of practice and delivery of the College strategy and compliance with all external regulatory requirements.
We want you to work on your own initiative and exercise a high level of judgment, skill and understanding to conceive, develop and implement long term improvements to service delivery and effective ways of working within your agreed areas of responsibility managing and prioritizing a varied and complex workload and delivering within challenging time frames.
You will work under the direction of a senior manager, but with considerable autonomy to deliver the outputs required working within a framework of existing policies, processes and procedures for the University and the College, but with plenty of scope to review and shape processes. You will directly manage others in this role and be expected to act as a role model and coach members of the team.
You will need to prove:
- First Degree (or equivalent qualification), or equivalent relevant work experience
- Significant experience of working in Higher Education senior administration and/or management
- Knowledge of the environmental, economic and political factors impacting on Higher Education.
- Experience in analyzing complex information and contributing to action plans, strategic plans and quality reviews.
- Experience in working within a customer centric organization.
- Experience in managing staff, delegating work to colleagues and collaborating with others at a senior level to deliver change and/or projects.
- A high level of competence in the use of IT with proficient experience of using Microsoft Office, databases (preferably student record systems) and online learning resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience of working collaboratively with the ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues at every level of an organization
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote the appropriate Job Ref in all enquiries, alternatively information can be obtained from https://edzz.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_6001/requisitions
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working..