Founded in 2005, Kleijnen Systematic Reviews Ltd (KSR) is a leading independent research company, soon to be transferred to an Employee Ownership Trust (https://employeeownership.co.uk), within the healthcare industry. KSR produces and disseminates high quality systematic reviews, cost effectiveness analyzes and health technology assessments for key commissioners including the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), pharmaceutical companies and health technology assessment agencies.
The Role & Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly specialized team as an information specialist, based at Escrick Business Park, near York.
You will provide information support for systematic reviews and health technology assessments of the effects of health care interventions and other health-related questions. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic and be team oriented.
Key duties include:
- Supporting systematic reviews within KSR by designing and carrying out literature searches using online databases, and writing up search methods for publication in collaboration with the review team, at proposal, protocol and review stage.
- Using a variety of electronic databases and sources, such as MEDLINE, Embase, Cochrane Library and Clinicaltrials.gov, to conduct in-depth searches to identify clinical and cost effectiveness literature for systematic reviews and economic evaluations.
- Managing collection of retrieved references using EndNote reference management software, facilitating screening of search results, obtaining full text of references, and producing bibliographies in MS Word.
- Production/maintenance of the KSR Evidence database, including conducting database searches and screening search results.
- Critical appraisal of reported search methods of NICE submissions and other publications.
- Trouble-shooting technical problems with reference management software.
- Conducting scoping exercises to assess the likely size of systematic reviews/health technology assessments in response to requests from commissioners.
- Maintaining awareness of database developments/methodological research in the field, through electronic mailing lists and membership of appropriate professional bodies and contributing where appropriate.
- Providing support and information skills training to colleagues and external participants.
- Supporting the management team and colleagues with ad hoc requests relevant to the post.
- In depth relevant experience working in a specialist health or medical library/information service setting.
- Proven experience of literature searching using databases, such as MEDLINE, Embase or the Cochrane Library.
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills and a proven ability and experience of working with MS Office and the internet to produce documentation and maintain accurate records.
- Knowledge and experience of EndNote or other reference management software, systematic review methods and critical appraisal.
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in Librarianship or Information Science, or equivalent. MA/MSc in Information Studies or similar.
- Highly autonomous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly accurate and good attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs.
- Competitive salary
- 5% annual increment of gross salary
- Performance related bonus
- Hybrid working policy & flexible working hours
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (reduced pro rata)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Modern offices with car parking facilities
How To Apply
Please send your CV with covering letter to Sarah Yelland – HR & Operations Director, email email@example.com, clearly outlining how your skills and experience match the job responsibilities and people specification. We will review all applications as soon as they arrive and may choose to interview prior to the closing date.