The University of Salford takes pride in its local roots, while also being recognized for its excellence in teaching, research and enterprise activity regionally, nationally and internationally. We sit at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse and actively engage with stakeholders across the region and beyond to embed our industry collaboration activity in the curriculum, ensuring our students receive the best possible experience and are fit for their future after graduation.
The School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology is a leading center for practice-based education in the creative disciplines. Through significant investment in our staff and facilities, we are strengthening our position as a center of excellence for socially engaged teaching practice and research whose graduates are sought after as content creators and for the innovative application of creative technology, both in the creative industries and across wider sectors of the economy. We have a clear vision to become a top quartile provider of practice-based education in the creative industries, continuing to advance our standing as a destination of choice for students in the UK and internationally.
We are looking to recruit two 0.4 Teaching Fellow roles for our BA Film, TV and Stage Design programme
The successful candidate will contribute to the continued development of our BA (Hons) in Film, TV and Stage Design. You will be an experienced practitioner within the media and/or theatrical industries with previous experience of working in Higher Education. All our students work closely with film, TV and stage productions across the North West and the UK and, through your relationship with industry partners and external organizations, you will support them in gaining professional experience. In addition, you will lead a range of modules and provide academic and pastoral support to students, also actively taking part in recruitment activities and other administrative tasks appropriate to the role.
This is a fractional (0.4 FTE), permanent position and the starting salary is £34,304 per annum (pro rata).
What’s in it for you? Make your career UNSTOPPABLE
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave – plus the ability to buy holiday days
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working – we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements
- Professional development- a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Wellbeing support- dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Program and counseling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
- Greater Manchester – Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleagues, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.
- However you identify, whatever your pathway has been to get here, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong!