This exciting role is responsible for the marketing, communications and business development across membership and participation programs, student clubs and scholarships at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness.
The main duties include leading on the marketing and communications strategy for income-generating programs and services. The postholder will also maximize brand awareness for UoB Sport & Fitness’ facilities, programs and student athletes; manage the department’s budgets and develop a corporate sponsorship program and identify large donors to partner sports projects and initiatives ensuring a positive reinforcement of our brand.
The successful individual will have extensive experience running marketing to an extensive and varied demographic; Extensive knowledge of digital innovation/marketing projects to capitalize on opportunities as they arise and highly developed communication skills with ability to adapt style in comms across a wide range of audience types.
- Extensive experience running marketing campaigns preferably but not exclusively within a sport and fitness environment across a wide-range of programs and facilities to an extensive and varied demographic.
- Extensive knowledge of digital innovation/marketing projects to capitalize on opportunities as they arise.
- Highly developed communication skills with ability to adapt style in comms across a wide range of audience types.
- Experience in developing brand identity to capitalize and build on the strength of our UBSport & Fitness brand.
- Essential skills to manage financial budgets ensuring maximum return of investment on expenditure and capitalizing on income streams where appropriate.
- Experience of initiating sponsorship/partnership opportunities preferred but not essential.
- Ability to stimulate a high achieving team to deliver a wide spectrum of tasks across our community, staff and student population. Excellent motivational management skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the University specifically colleagues in Campus Services and External Relations ensuring the UBSport & Fitness brand aligns with University requirements.
- Commitment to continuously develop knowledge of marketing, communications and sales innovations personally and across team members
- Experience working in a complex sport environment preferred but not essential.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent qualifications) plus relevant practical experience – where no equivalent qualification is held significant practical relevant experience and expertise in a series of progressively more demanding roles will be required.
- Evidence of literacy and numeracy, with the ability to write clearly, and to produce and analyze information and data Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day to day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly.
Informal inquiries to Carolyn Cutbill, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 2.10.22 Reference: 100026
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote the appropriate Job Ref 100026 in all inquiries
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment.