Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit, and regionally accredited institution committed to higher education excellence and focused on academic and professional success. Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate and bachelor degrees and certificates in these areas: Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics. Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking students.
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the President of the College, the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Finance and Campus Operations is a senior leader at PTC and is a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet. This position oversees business and finance, budgeting and forecasting, and campus operations. This position is responsible for safeguarding the financial assets of the college and sustaining its financial health to fulfill PTC’s educational mission.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- CPA is highly desirable
- 10+ years of accounting and financial experience, including experience in a senior leadership role leading financial operations at a non-profit, higher education setting
- Education and work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis if the application clearly shows the required number of years to meet the Total Qualifying Requirement for this position (based on the sum of work experience and education/training listed above). The Total Qualifying Requirement is ten (10) years.
- Extensive experience in debt management, budget development, and effective financial management practices
- Experience in budget restructuring to manage beyond a break-even margin
- Experience in treasury management, cash flow management, endowment-management, and investments
- Adept at negotiations and financing contracts in construction, real estate management, financial instruments, insurance, etc.
- Successful track record in accounting and financial operations (business office management) and auxiliary management (facility services, food services, college store, and conferences and events)
- Experience collaborating with leaders of administrative functions, such as Human Resources and Information Technology
- Experience in the operational oversight of property, buildings, and grounds
- Experience in leading system, operational, and process automation
- Individual must be able to work with highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Serve as a key member of the President’s Cabinet and a strategic advisor to the College President
- Responsible for the effective and innovative management of the following areas: Business and Finance, Budgeting and Forecasting, Maintenance and Facility Services, Mail Services, Campus Bookstore, and Purchasing
- Lead the implementation of PTC’s strategic plan with a focus on financial sustainability and stewardship
- Serve as a Chief Revenue Officer for PTC, including duties such as:
- Develop and lead the execution of PTC’s revenue growth strategy
- Oversee and manage all areas of revenue including opportunities in Sports, Merchandising, IP Licensing, and online courses
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy and growth, including a 12-month, 2-year, 5-year and 10-year plan
- Manage individual and team goals by establishing benchmarks to keep the team on track
- Partner cross-functionally with legal and accounting/finance teams to structure deals that maximize revenue
- Deliver thoughtful leadership to build, lead, and manage high performing teams by providing guidance, support and development, while recruiting top talent
- Be a champion of the PTC brand and voice, globally
- Stay ahead of educational, financial, media, entertainment, technological, product, and athletic trends as they relate to PTC’s mission
- Help establish best practices and processes to ensure operational efficiency across the College while scaling PTC’s revenue tentpoles
- Responsible for ongoing college assessment and identification of revenue generation strategies for long-term sustainability, including diversification of revenue streams and making full use of campus facilities
- Serve as key support for the implementation of Financial Enrollment Management with the guidance of external enrollment consultants
- Act as the primary liaison to banks and funders, providing accurate reports as required o Support the development and negotiation of contracts for PTC’s Corporate College in conjunction with Legal Affairs
- Lead staff support for the Board of Trustee’s Finance Committee
- Provide institutional support for audit and risk management operations in conjunction with Legal Affairs
- Provide guidance and serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member to PTC’s Foundation Investment Committee
- Responsible for the development of a comprehensive institutional contingency plan and revenue diversification strategy
- Accountable for timely tracking and reporting of sponsorship and gifts received through Institutional Advancement and supporting grant acquisitions and post grant management and reporting
- Support institutional scholarships and innovative awarding to support enrollment and retention
- Support the maximization of campus housing resources for revenue generation o Provide leadership in preparing the College’s annual budget, implement budget/fiscal control functions, and develop long-term financial plan consistent with the College’s strategic plan and goals
- Timely completion of all audits (Title IV, Financial Statement, 401(k) and other benefits, and preparation of all tax filings
- Responsible for budget forecasting and overseeing cash flow, leasing, and lending arrangements.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory grant funding and higher education financial reporting standards and requirements. Serve as the lead on Corporate Casualty Liability and Directors and Officers Insurance & Risk Assessment
- Contribute to the overall success of PTC by performing additional duties as assigned
Pittsburgh Technical College (hereinafter “PTC”) will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with known disabilities if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship and/or a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the individual or others.
For additional information regarding PTC’s disability accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Job Information:
Individual must successfully complete a criminal background and credit check prior to starting position
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT:
PTC is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all positions. PTC believes that the gathering and celebration of unique experiences, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Our mission is to champion a community of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a spirit of civility.
To learn more about DEI’s mission, vision, and values, Visit the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion webpage
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at PTC, please give us a call at 412-809-5100 or email email@example.com
Full time; 40 hours per week. Responsibilities of the position will require additional work hours, including attendance at important College events.
Starting Pay Rate: PTC offers a competitive salary and benefits package
Post Number: S202210
PTI is an equal opportunity employer.