We are seeking to appoint an experienced Lecturer in Accounting and Financial Services who is able to contribute to the successful delivery of the BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Services and also contribute to the development of the wider business and accounting portfolio.
As Lecturer, you will be responsible for the teaching of a range of modules within the discipline. You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience. The successful candidate will ideally possess a professional accounting qualification from one of the major accounting bodies (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA, AAT) or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and will be expected to undertake a range of teaching, course management and Student support duties across our growing accounting, finance and business provision. We are looking for someone with the drive and ambition to contribute to the growth of the faculty, the ability to engage local and regional employers and the commitment to support our students to achieve their potential. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their academic career in a small and friendly environment and to make a genuine impact upon the lives of our students and their families.
- Good honors degree in a relevant discipline
- 2 years industry experience
- Professional accounting qualification and/or Masters qualification in a related discipline.
- A recognized teaching qualification (or willingness to train for this and achieve within 2
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or willingness to seek recognition within 2 years.
- Experience of teaching Higher Education courses and/or professional accounting
- Experience of partnership activities and employer engagement activities.
- Track record as an effective and innovative teacher.
- Good understanding of student needs and a track record of developing and delivering high quality outcomes for students.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum specialization including professional links.
- Evidence of providing a high-quality learning experience including effective use of learning technologies in delivery and design.
- Experience of raising recruitment, retention and achievement rates of students.
Susan Holden Assistant Principal says “UCO prides itself on the welcoming and supportive environment we provide for our students. This year UCO’s NSS satisfaction score was higher than all other Greater Manchester FE colleges and 12.5 per cent above the HE sector average. We’re delighted to see such high satisfaction levels confirming the fantastic academic experience and support our staff provide across all courses. Learners gave UCO scores of 90 percent and above on a range of questions about the opportunities, help, inspiration, challenge and advice they get. We are a small and dedicated team, with every member of staff playing an important role in the success of our students. If you are looking to develop your career in a supportive environment which strives for excellence in all that we do, then we would welcome your application”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counseling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidized car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
University Campus Oldham has an ambitious strategy to develop its Higher Education and Professional Development portfolio and to maximize its economic and social contribution to Oldham and the wider City Region. Our focus is on ensuring that we continue to address widening participation, to provide relevant and dynamic experiences which prepare our students for either employment or further study.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List