Chief Academic Officer (Remote)
About Lionel University
Lionel University is the world leader in Exercise Science and Fitness Education and delivers comprehensive, cognitive, and practical distance education programs for fitness professionals, grounded in industry research, using both traditional and innovative modalities 100% Online. Lionel University believes that the health and fitness of our society can be significantly improved by our students’ success as health, sports, and fitness professionals. Our mission is to inspire each and every student to positively impact the quality of life of each individual with whom they come in contact.
Lionel University’s Chief Academic Officer (CAO) will champion quality academic programs, shared governance, high standards for teaching and creative activity, institutional equity and inclusiveness, and the adoption of new technologies and modalities of instruction. The Chief Academic Officer is a part of the University’s C-Team, and reports to the University’s President.
- Supervises all the University’s Department Chairs/Deans, Director of Curriculum Development, and Faculty.
- Supervises the recruitment, selection, evaluation, and retention of qualified instructors and administrators.
- Contribute significantly to the inspiring work of establishing Lionel University as one of the best Exercise Science Universities in the country;
- Oversees and administers all of the University’s academic programs.
- Establish the strategic vision for the University’s academic programs
- Implement the university’s strategic planning objectives
- Enhance the university’s global reach and international opportunities;
- Establishes and implements the University’s student retention strategy
- Fosters a culture of innovative teaching
- Manages budgets
- Maintains University accreditation
- Promotes collaboration across units and ensures efficient and equitable administration of the division.
- Establishes and implements methods to expand and improve on the academic programs and students’ academic opportunities.
- Significant leadership experience in higher education or a related industry
- Experience managing a professional staff in a style that is decisive yet transparent
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic visioning, innovation, and imaginative problem solving and experience cultivating a culture of innovation
- A track record of fostering collegiality and common purpose
- Experience developing academic policies
- Experience designing curriculum and academic programs
- Budget management and resource allocation acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including adeptness at communicating effectively with diverse constituencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop networking relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to create and present ideas and budgets to the university and the community at large.
- Online education delivery
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D in Exercise Science, Sports Management, Exercise Physiology or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Understand adult learning and transformative education
- A minimum of eight years of experience with a combination of teaching and educational administration in a virtual environment is preferred.
- One year of formal training in an academic leadership role
- Experience successfully leading a department in long-range planning, budgeting, and human resource management required.
Interested candidates, send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Lionel University; email: HR@Lionel.edu.