Waco, TX, United States
Job Identification: 13327
Post Date: 08/02/2022, 8:21 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
What We’re Looking For
Baylor University’s Professional Education is seeking a full-time Assistant Vice Provost to join the team. As the Assistant Vice Provost you will serve to develop, implement, and evaluate the university’s Graduate Professional course offering, including degree and non-degree programs. In doing so, you will build stakeholder teams within and across colleges, schools, and administrative staff to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of the needs of a diverse student population within a Christian higher education setting and an openness to cultural humility
- Be successful communicating and interacting with all campus populations including students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to formulate, communicate, and build consensus for an organizational vision across the university administrative departments and schools
- Ability to foster partnerships and collaborative engagement internally and externally to the university
- Experience leading and expanding educational, revenue-generating programs
- Experience in managing complex financial systems and responsible administration of program budget and oversight of program implementation and marketing budgets
A Master’s degree in business, communications, or related field, eight years of relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A doctoral degree and ten years of relevant work experience are preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Develop, implement, and evaluate Graduate Professional Education (GPE) strategic plan for delivering high quality, innovative credit and non-credit professional education degree and certificate programs.
- Lead and manage high quality teams consisting of stakeholders across the university to develop a portfolio of program offerings that meet the needs of current and future students.
- Implement and administer university policies, guidelines as well as accreditation requirements affecting GPE programs to ensure compliance.
- In conjunction with the colleges and schools, provide oversight for GPE course and curriculum development and review that builds an effective learning environment for students. Provide support for the financial aspects associated with the GPE programs.
- Lead teams comprised senior leadership in the colleges and schools, along with administrative staff to foster a collaborative university environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s well-being and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled