Assistant/Associate Vice President of Alumni Relations
Waco, TX, United States
Post Date: 08/24/2022, 10:15 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Locations: Waco, TX, United States
Degree Level: Bachelor
What We Are Looking For
Baylor University is seeking a strategic leader with proven experience implementing and leading comprehensive alumni relations programs to lead our Alumni Relations team. The ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse range of alumni and the ability to create and implement a strategic vision for alumni engagement are essential for success in this position. The University reserves the right to make the final determination of the selected candidate’s qualifications to be offered the position at either the Assistant or Associate Vice President level.
A Bachelor’s degree, more than ten years of relevant experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Master’s degree is preferred. Experience will not be considered in lieu of the educational requirement and All candidates must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
What You Will Do
- Provides strategic vision for alumni engagement and implements that vision in a focused and collaborative manner.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive alumni relations program that supports Baylor’s vision of being a world-class, values-centered University.
- Be an active leader in how to increase alumni participation and engagement through relevant and meaningful events and programs.
- Foster a collaborative team environment with Alumni Engagement staff and other advancement professionals on campus, as well as departments that support and work with alumni.
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support Baylor’s strategic plan and fund-raising efforts in collaboration with colleagues in University Advancement, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, Community Relations, Career Services and across the university; and develop and submit for approval by the Vice President annual strategic and operating plans with measurable goals.
- Develops and monitors metrics related to alumni engagement. Understands how to use alumni engagement metrics to set strategy, allocate resources and assess outcomes.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni. In collaboration with University Marketing and Public Relations staff, maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, multiple online channels, print publications, and social media.
- Lead the Alumni Relations staff by providing oversight of staff functions and responsibilities.
- Manage all functions and operations of the Baylor Alumni Board of Advocates including quarterly bi-annual, committee assignments and regular board functions.
- Manage partnerships with the Baylor Line Foundation, and other university colleges and departments.
- Oversee management of alumni-based events, communications and outreach activities to effectively engage, alumni, donors, friends and other constituent groups identified by the University.
- Provide budgetary oversight and accountability for the Alumni Engagement office.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s well-being and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled