The Assistant Vice President, Student Engagement provides senior and executive level leadership within the Division of Students Affairs for student services and engagement, promoting and ensuring a sense of connection to the campus community and implementing holistic student success initiatives through oversight of the Offices of Student Diversity. , Equity and Inclusion, Student Involvement and Leadership, Career Services, Veteran Services, and Orientation and New Student Programs. Will serve as the Divisional liaison to external partners, constituents and community leaders, working directly with University Advancement and Strategic Partnerships to build and foster relationships.
- Works directly with UHCL students, staff, Deans, faculty, administrators and external campus partners to provide leadership, guidance, oversight and implementation of the University’s student engagement initiatives and co-curricular learning.
- Provides administrative and budgetary oversight, overall supervision and professional development of staff, management of personnel related issues, for the following departments: Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Student Involvement and Leadership, Career Services, Veteran Services, and Orientation and New Student Programs.
- Responsible for utilizing campus and divisional assessment, both qualitative and quantitative, to actively and consistently assess and evaluate the effectiveness of programs, activities and engagement efforts within the Division and across the campus.
- Serves as the Divisional liaison to external partners, constituents and community leaders, working directly with University Advancement and Strategic Partnerships to build and foster relationships.
- Serves on University and divisional level committees, working directly with UHCL College Deans and faculty to develop positive working relationships throughout the University in developing co-curricular initiatives that will enhance student engagement and learning.
- Represents the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the Division of Student Affairs during evenings and weekends and special events and performs related duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in higher education/educational administration/higher education leadership, counseling/student services or related field.
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated progressive leadership experience in student affairs, student engagement and co-curricular learning in higher education.
- At least five years of supervisory experience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills and excellent public relation skills including the ability to collaborate with many diverse constituencies. Must be able to build relationships across campus with faculty, staff and students.
- Established ability to work with and advocate for traditionally undeserved students and to support faculty and staff in meeting these needs with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion.
- Ability to work in a diverse higher education environment and coordinate initiatives among five distinct departments.
- Ability to create and maintain a variety of records, reports and files as well as manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative for projects and development of services.
Experience managing and supervising multiple departments/units within Student Affairs.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Notes to Applicants:
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume and cover letter. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
University of Houston-Clear Lake is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Supporting Workplace Diversity