Located in the heart of New York City since 1939, LIM is focused on the business of fashion and lifestyle. With associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in majors ranging from Fashion Media and Fashion Merchandising to The Business of Cannabis, Consumer Analytics, and more, LIM educates and prepares students for career success via an approach grounded in real-world experience and learning by doing. .
In 1939 Mr. Marcuse founded what was originally known as the Laboratory Institute of Merchandising (LIM) and in 2009 became LIM College. Two generations later, LIM College is led today by President Elizabeth S. Marcuse, who joined the College after a successful career in fashion retailing and apparel manufacturing.
- Collaborative Spirit: Foster a culture of shared understanding, trust, and belonging.
- Academic Engagement: Empower students to thrive academically, personally, and professionally.
- Respectful Community: Champion Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Sustainability.
- Ethical Mindset: Act with honesty, integrity, and accountability.
- Student Focus: Keep students at the heart of everything we do.
Position: Vice President, Online Learning
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Design, create, and lead an internal team of college leaders to achieve economies of scale in marketing, lead nurturing, course design and production, delivery, and exemplary service associated with undergraduate and graduate level online degree and certificate offerings.
- Define and guide a strategic plan to improve current online offerings and launch new programs that support increased annual revenue.
- Collaborate with the Provost, academic department chairs, and the Director of Learning Innovation on program and course design, production, and delivery.
- Work closely with admissions regarding prospective student needs/lead nurturing, program alignment and student counseling to ensure the success of programs and student retention.
- Effectively engage across the organization and its disciplines to support online programs and students, including faculty, academic administration, and senior leadership.
- Establish specific, measurable goals and other performance expectations, implement a systematic review process to evaluate objectives, progress, and outcomes.
- In an environment of increasing competition across higher education organizations and alternatives, remain current on state-of-the-art developments in online learning nationally and worldwide to gain and sustain advantage in the market.
- Ensure integration of the core differentiators that make the LIM in-person experience so successful with the online offerings, ie experiential education via internships
- Serve as a strategic advisor to closely integrate the academic departments and administrative units, including Undergraduate Department Chairs, Graduate Studies, Information Technology, Marketing and Communications, Enrollment Services, and Student Affairs.
- Ensure compliance with regulations—international, federal, and state—that may impact online learning, in conjunction with the appropriate business support functions at LIM.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team and external partners to identify and deploy effective lead nurturing, recruitment, and lead capture efforts.
Measurements of Success
- Improve the quality of student experience at LIM through increased student satisfaction, retention and graduation, affordability, clarity of marketing and brand promise and diversity of college offerings.
- Increase positive results of quality assurance measures.
- Successfully launch fully online degree programs that meet all quality assurance measures, high rates of retention in fully online programs.
- Successfully integrate all pertinent departments and offices supporting the delivery of fully online programs, including academic departments, academic support departments, Career and Internship Services, IT, and Student Affairs.
Professional and Personal Profile
- Proven track record of demonstrated success and progressively responsible positions in business line leadership/higher education. Previous experience in higher education is preferred but not a requirement; working in a complex, Matrixed environment with multiple internal and external audiences is a must.
- Demonstrated capabilities of a business line leader who combines business savvy, change leadership, a deep understanding of new offering development, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams around business goals and objectives.
- Entrepreneurial leader with experience developing product offerings, strategic road maps and/or new programs that drive growth for the organization. A strategist and doer comfortable working in a matrixed organization; Adept at setting direction and establishing process for his/her organization and ensuring flawless delivery.
- Brings fresh ideas and new thinking to the management team and is change oriented—views change opportunistically with the ability to inspire action from those outside their direct sphere of control; Energized and passionate—can persuasively sell ideas and concepts across an organization.
- An understanding of shared governance and collaborative decision-making is essential as it relates to consensus building around programs and messaging. Familiarity and comfort in a highly collaborative work environment, willing to contribute by building internal partnerships with faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Inspires creative thinking and fosters problem solving.
- Ability to sustain comprehensive knowledge of the campus, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices and infrastructure, as well as current affairs, emerging issues in higher education, and/or specialized subject matter.
- Mature individual who operates effectively at executive levels; thinks broadly about overall business issues with both an “inside-out” and “outside-in” perspective.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with people from diverse areas of the organization and external “key influencers” and business partners.
- Shows confidence and perseverance in addressing challenges and overcoming obstacles; demonstrates initiative, stamina and a strong work ethic.
- Addresses issues with candor, speaks the truth, and has the confidence to express a point of view and take a stand while having the ability to see other points of view and take.
- A creative, innovative individual who can affect and manage change in a dynamic environment and be a champion for LIM College.
- Team player with extraordinary people and relationship building skills, a highly visible and accessible management style, and a genuine willingness to listen.
- A competitive and relevant spirit of promoting the College with integrity, honesty, and ethics.
- Someone who has high energy/drive, a sense of humor, a relentlessly positive attitude, and is results oriented.
For more information please contact:
LIM College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College does not discriminate in its employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.