The University of Houston-Clear Lake, a comprehensive institution and key member of the University of Houston System, seeks an innovative and visionary administrator to serve as the Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management (VPSEM).
University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) is a four-year university with more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and three doctoral programs from its four colleges. UHCL’s more than 75,000 alumni are leaders in a variety of fields and include 10 astronauts, more than 400 CEOs and at least one best-selling author. UHCL is also a destination for the arts, featuring educational and entertaining exhibitions in the Art Gallery and multi-genre performances in the Bayou Theater throughout the year.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and compassionate leader who has expertise in identifying and focusing strategic enrollment management and marketing programs and initiatives that embrace and enhance the diversity of the UHCL student body including UHCL’s designation as a Hispanic Serving Institution and are aligned with the strengths of UHCL’s academic programs.
Reporting directly to the President and serving as a member of the Executive Leadership Team the Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management is responsible for:
- Leadership, management and supervision of the Office of Admissions, Office of Student Financial Aid, Office of the Registrar, Student Administration Systems, Student Enrollment Center and Enrollment Communications;
- The development, oversight and management of all UHCL strategic enrollment, recruiting and related marketing programs through data-informed decision-making and use of predictive analytics that support the design, implementation and monitoring of the strategic enrollment management plan, including enrollment targets, recruitment objectives , tactics and strategies in consultation with UHCL stakeholders;
- The development and incorporation of the strategic enrollment management initiatives recruiting plans for the first time in college students, transfer students, graduate students and adult learners through collaboration with the provost, deans and faculty that accentuate current academic and continuing education programs and add programs identified through analytical applications, especially at the undergraduate level, including degree completion opportunities;
- The development and incorporation of separate strategic enrollment management recruiting initiatives to increase the number of transfer students through intentional partnerships with community colleges in the region and state; and
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Financial Aid, Vice President for Administration and Finance and Registrar to ensure financial aid optimization to drive net revenue per students and funding practices and initiatives are in alignment with the strategic enrollment management initiatives and in compliance with all federal and state regulations related to aid funding.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- A Master’s degree in any closely related field;
- Progressive senior leadership experience in recruitment, admissions, strategic enrollment management, data analytics, retention and marketing at an institution of higher education;
- Ability to engage in strategic enrollment planning, data and trend analysis;
- Demonstration of administrative and management skills;
- Ability to effectively represent the University with external and internal audiences and stakeholders;
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor staff;
- Demonstration of excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Demonstration of experience with CRM systems and budget oversight; and
- Demonstration of experience in financial aid and admissions operations.
- Doctorate or terminal degree in any closely related field;
- Experience with current technologies, platforms and strategic enrollment management methodologies for recruiting traditional undergraduates, minority and first in college students and adult and graduate students.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting the University of Houston – Clear Lake in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For a full application package, please submit a cover letter, CV, and list of five references. Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher and Associates. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Betty Turner Asher, Co-Founder, Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC. and
Vice President & Managing Partner, Kelly
Lois Stetson, Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher and Associates, LLC.
The policy of University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) is to ensure equal opportunity in all its educational programs and activities, and all terms and conditions of Employment without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, national origin, veteran’s status, genetic information, or sex (including pregnancy), except where such a distinction is required by law. Additionally, UHCL prohibits discrimination in all aspects of employment and educational
programs on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender.