EdFarm was launched in February 2020 in Birmingham, AL to create a suite of signature programs designed to engage students, educators and adult learners in innovative digital skills experiences that better prepare them for the 21st-century workforce. In February 2021, EdFarm, in partnership with Apple and Southern, announced plans to launch the Propel Center, a physical and virtual hub based in Atlanta, GA that will partner with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to provide powerful learning experiences for HBCUs. students and staff and increase the pool of HBCU graduates entering and leading the innovation economy.
Job Responsibilities: The Senior Vice-President Development is responsible for developing, implementing and managing strategies that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for EdFarm. Propel from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the government. S/he identifies, develops and fosters relationships with all donors. S/he is responsible for overseeing the conceptualization, organization and implementation of the annual fundraising campaign, marketing and communication plan and for developing appropriate strategies to meet annual goals. S/he is responsible for grants strategy, forecasting and management. S/he coordinates special campaigns and manages donor database in Hubspot. S/he assists with all publicity and marketing efforts to advance organizational visibility, including special events and promotions. S/he works closely with the CEO and executive team to ensure revenue generation is keeping pace with programmatic, capital and operating needs. The Senior-Vice President, Development reports to the CEO.
- Fund Development and Fundraising Campaigns
- Develops, implements and manages annual fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with current and prospective donors and funders.
- Supports CEO’s ability to cultivate and solicit major donors.
- Secures financial support from individuals including major donors, foundations, corporations and government sources.
- Conducts research to expand and diversify donor base/pipeline.
- Works closely with the leadership team to build an organization-wide fundraising culture.
- Manage fundraising events and solicitations.
- Manages capital campaigns, including engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms, as necessary.
- Maintains an annual calendar of current and prospective supporter engagement “touch points” and oversees their execution.
- Planning, Writing and Reporting
- In collaboration with CEO and VP, Finance develops and implements a financial strategy to ensure revenue meets the budgetary requirements of all programs.
- Oversees the development and execution of grant proposals and reports with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
- Works with Grant Writer and Program Directors/Managers to ensure that grants and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Works closely and communicates regularly with the Finance team to manage grants and gifts.
- Takes the lead on generating the Annual Report.
- Data Aggregation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Oversees all data entry including gift processing and management of Salesforce database.
- Ensures seamless integration of Hubspot with Ed Propel’s website donation portals and mobile giving.
- Reviews dashboard at least weekly and fundraising goals at least monthly; Analyzes trends and gaps.
- Prepares monthly fundraising reports for the Senior Management Team and Board.
- Works with all staff on aggregating information on potential donors and funders, communicating leads with development staff and ensuring such data are entered into Hubspot for timely follow-up.
- Other Duties
Supervises, trains and mentors Grant Writers:
- Trains and supports Board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual events and other community events.
- Ensures efficient fundraising processes.
- Carries out ad hoc duties, as needed.
What you bring:
- 15+ years of experience demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing, and securing funds, especially major gifts.
- Management experience
- An appreciation for the Historically Black Colleges & Universities tradition
- Ample experience with Hupspot or other CRMs required.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, with the necessary attention to details to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward and on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Exceptional ability to plan and prioritize multiple cross-regional/functional demands by exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
What you get:
- A challenging opportunity in a rapidly evolving organization
- An integral role (+ responsibility) in building our culture
- Unlimited PTO (yes we actually want you to take care of yourself 🙂
- An unmatched learning experience; every day brings new challenges so you will never be bored.
- 100% employee paid benefits for employee-level, and 50% for families
- 4% 401(k) employer match
- Flexible work arrangement (primarily remote with 20% – 30% travel)
Ed Farm, as an organization, values work that promotes diversity, cultural understanding, and global awareness by using digital-age communication and collaboration tools to interact locally and globally with students, peers, parents, and the larger community. We are a team of individuals who are passionate about education. We believe that diversity of culture, backgrounds, opinions, and abilities is vital to our work, and our team welcomes anyone willing to build community through collaboration. Ed Farm works to eliminate all forms of disparity and discrimination, including those based upon an individual’s ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, religion, faith, culture, level of ability, or socio-economic background. Diversity and inclusion are vital to bringing accessibility and equity to education, entrepreneurial, and tech workspaces everywhere.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal history background check with fingerprinting. Ed Farm is an equal opportunity employer committed to student success. We seek applications from all qualified persons who share this goal, including minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of other protected groups.